A logo is a symbol made up of text, images, icons & vectors that represents a business or brand. Logos always leave a visual impact on customers so they always keep your brand in mind.
You must follow the basic principles of logo designing:
1. A logo must be simple & clean
2. A logo must be versatile
3. A logo must be enduring
Make Your Own Work Process
Logo designing varies from customer to customer but the work process is the same for a designer. these are some basic points that must be included in a designer’s work process:
- Always get a design brief on what the client wants.
- The research focused on the same industry itself with its competitors.
- Try to make a logo sketch first and get approved by the client.
- Smartly determine what you should charge for your designing work.
Choose The Right Font
- Font selection is very important for designing a logo so don’t be worry to spend time researching various kinds of font. Always choose a font that will match your work.
- Never be afraid to purchase font because free font can not be fully used commercially.
Send Limited Concepts Type
A good designing rule is to only send one to four concepts that you personally could see working for client business. The number of concepts you send can vary from project to project, but when you confident enough as a designer, this one to three concepts should nail the project on the head every time.
Always Deliver High-Quality Files
Delivering the correct designed files to the client is the only way to ensure that your client never comes back for revisions.
You should give your client high-quality files per logo variation like this means providing a spot-color file, a pure CMYK file, a pure black file, a pure white knockout file, and an RGB file. You could also provide a favicon too for client website need.